Saturday 26 February 2011

Home

I love my home.


In my job I am lucky enough to work in other people's homes, houses and offices and it never ceases to amaze me how different they all are. 
I work in a warehouse where there is a large hot air blower and small heaters provided at each desk, all in an effort to keep us warm as we work.  Then I visited a town centre office where I could not detect any heat on at all and my hands got so cold I had trouble using the computer.  Aren't people strange?

I have also seen houses where there is a flat screen TV in every room on the wall, even the bathroom has one.  Well I do not think I could find enough to watch on TV for one in each room!

It made me think about my own home, which I love.  The internal glass wall in the lounge, which was one of the first features that we liked when we first saw the house and the large and varied garden at the back and the front.  In April this year we will have lived in this house for 10 years and I am amazed how quickly the time has gone.  When David was in the RAF we moved quarters about every 2 -3 years and each one was a home but did not belong to us.  So this is our first home that we have owned and lived in as a family. 
When we arrived 10 years ago I was so sick of RAF colour schemes (magnolia, ivory or deep cream) that every room in this house was painted with colour.  Purple in the hall, gold in the lounge, yellow in the master bedroom - you get the idea.  Eleanor painted her bedroom ceiling navy blue with glowing stars stuck all over the ceiling and walls.  Now that this room is our office it must look a bit strange to visitors!
Any visitors to our home will know that the downstairs loo has Star Trek wall art.  I was planning on painting a scene scape all along the hall, up the stairs and along the landing but in the end I painted just the downstairs loo. (I think David was quite relieved that it was just the loo).  The bottom half is black and shows an alien landscape with the sky above.  Those who are observant will also notice in the corner the shape of Cley Hill our local beauty spot!

So thank you to the Universe for allowing me and my family a wonderful home, we are lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment