Tuesday 26 July 2011

Summer Break

David, Socx and I have just returned from our Summer Break.  We took a 'staycation' in Dorset, my home county.  The weather was indifferent but not bad and certainly did not spoil our plans at all - we had no plans!

On the Monday when it really was raining hard we did not feel at all guilty about having an afternoon nap in the car overlooking the beach, followed by tea and cake followed by another nap, even the dog just slept.


We did go out every day and visited some wonderful places in Dorset, Lyme Regis was glorious and we had a very pleasant spot for our picnic lunch on the South West Coast Path.  This was our view as we had our lunch.










Part of the 'Jurassic Coast' - the Dorset coastline.


I just liked the picture of these clouds, proves that the weather was not too bad!



 This is The Cobb in Lyme Regis, we were lazing on the grass overlooking it.

Socx enjoying the sunshine and below with his 'sunnies' on!



I really do love Dorset, one day I will live there next to the beach.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you had a good time Vanessa. I've just read a wonderful book called "remarkable creatures" by Tracy Chevalier and it was all about the fossil hunters at Lyme. Beautiful Dorset - I love it too! Lyn xxx

    ReplyDelete