Sunday 22 January 2012

Maia

Asleep on Dad

We have a new verb in our family, it is to be 'Maiaed'

Ready for action!!



Socx gets 'Maiaed' every day and so does the house!  What this means is that our new puppy 'Maia' takes a delight in playing rather roughly with Socx.  We found that she was hanging onto his fur as he tried to run away!  She may only be 4" tall but she has a very large character.
Walking in her food bowl
The house of course has been 'Maiaed', with the inevitable wees and poos all over the place, mostly where we can step into them.......ah well.....all part of having a new puppy.

Maia will be 8 weeks old on 23 Jan so she has only had one jab and cannot walk out into the open.  Still it is  good for her to experience new things so I have rigged up a sling to carry her on our daily walks with Socx.  My first attempt at a sling was not very good, the knitted material was too stretchy but this red scarf works a treat.

Ready for her walk/carry!!
I have had to make a harness for Maia as she is so small but she still manages to wriggle out of it (I do not know how!)  On our walk today I suddenly found her making an escape from the sling and that was when I found that the harness was securely fixed to the sling but she was not in the harness!  I may have to make adjustments to the harness.




Even being carried is very tiring



No comments:

Post a Comment