Friday 8 April 2011

Birthday Party

Last Saturday I had organised a 'mid decade' birthday party for my friends and family.  I so enjoyed the chocolate fountain that I had 5 years ago that I wanted an excuse for another one.  

And I was not disappointed!! It was lush.
Me sampling the fountain!


The Sahara Sisters were kind enough to come and dance for us, with me joining in of course!
'The Hot Sisters'
We danced burlesque, Bollywood and Egyptian.  The Sahara Sisters are very versatile. 

Birthday cake
A very kind friend made me a wonderful Birthday Cake which was mostly consumed that evening along with the Sausage & Mash with Red Onion Gravy served up by Melanie. 

That evening we collected money for a Flour Mill for Ameena & Abult in Luxor and we raised £355.50 which with the money I have already saved means that we can buy the mill and truck it back from Cairo.  So a big thank you to everyone who has made this possible, I am looking forward to telling Ameena & Abult when I visit them in May.





No comments:

Post a Comment